Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bugaboo Santa

Hello, hello...today is the start of a new challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox. This fortnight our challenge is a really easy one....ANYTHING GOES...always a favourite :) Our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo. I love these digis and have a little collection. Stella is one of my all time favourites, she's soooo funny! For this project I broke out a Santa from a set I bought last year and haven't used. Don't know why I haven't used them before now...they are very cute.

I've made a little cupcake box:


The little cupcake is marshmallow! I saw them at Woollies (supermarket) while shopping and thought I'd use them on our Christmas table. Each year they seem to have something different in the marshmallow...last year it was Santas, snowmen, etc. I'm going to use these as place "cards" and put our names on them somewhere.

I made the file for the box in Make-the-Cut and cut it with my trusty Maxx. The base measures about 2.5" square and the back panel is 3.25" x 2.5"  The little cupcake is approx 1.5" across the bottom.

The Bugaboo Santa is very cute. He was printed onto X-Press It blending card and was quick & easy to colour...with my Copics, of course :)  His fur trim and beard have been done with puff paint to give texture. The trims have a little glitter added. The ornament is coloured with Aqua Kindy Glitz, the cap with silver glitter pen and the star on his hat with gold glitter pen. He looks like he's sitting on the cupcake in the above photo lol

The DP is Echo Park and the red mat is SU Cherry Cobbler. The panel border has been pierced using the SU piercing template.



Please go and check out my awesome teamies gorgeous projects....links are in my sidebar :)

Thanks for looking.......have a wonderful day :)


4 comments:

Carla S. said...

Very cute and creative project, Lynne! Love the papers and fun cupcake! Hugs!

Penny said...

Lynne, this is such a clever project! Love that image, your coloring, the sparkle, and the design. And I wouldn't mind one of those cupcakes either! ;^)
Hugs, Penny

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So very cute Lynne! Love the Santa and the puff paint works brilliantly!! Such a great idea for place names :)

ileana said...

How beautiful, Lynne! you used very pretty papers, love to see you are creating :-) a big hug to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails